28.11.1947 in Holmfirth in Wash-Pit mill canteen, a mixed voice choir was organised by Mrs Tamara Taimsaar and Mr Ernest Luuk named KUNGLA. It has given concerts all around Sweden, Germany, Canada and U.S.A. From it have developed a Ladies Voice Section, Quartet, and Duet.
The Choirmaster has been Mr E Luuk most of the time.
Afterwards followed the Male Voice Choir KOIT, Sport Association KALEV National Dance Group KALEV, Bridge Group, Chess Group, Theatre Group, and Sewing Circle.
For all these activities we hired rooms from: YMCA, Church House, Mech. Inst. St Marys Hall, Horsfall playing fields etc. until the Club was established at Clifton Villas.
The Male Voice Choir KOIT started in 05.03.1949 to practice and entertain the public. The Choir has appeared in over 270 concerts all over England, France on wireless broadcast, in EESTI KODU functions, birthdays and private parties.