|Name:||Temperance Fold, left side youth club|
|Description:||Temperance Fold, left side youth club|
|Name:||Temperance Fold numbers 1, 2|
|Description:||Temperance Fold numbers 1, 2|
|Collection:||Leeds City Engineer's Department, clearance photographs|
|Reference:||LC/ENG WYAS1067 Box112 No12|
|Contributor:||West Yorkshire Archive Service|
|Rights:||West Yorkshire Archive Service|
On the left hand side of the photo, the darker area, was a Youth Club for St Anthony’s Church. It was quite a big hall. It was used for Guides in 1943/4, also as a Youth Club and for Panto’s etc.
It was closed when the lease ran out.
Temperance Hall is where Catholicism in Beeston began and the hall was also used by residents as a Youth Club.